Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Lush Review: Bubblegum Lip Scrub

Lush Bubblegum Lip ScrubI am lucky that I don't get extremely chapped lips but they do need an exfoliation every now and then to remove the dead skin cells. I hadn't tried a lip scrub before so thought I would give the one in Lush a go. Their scrubs come in three flavours; Bubblegum, Mint Julips and Popcorn. I knew instantly which one I was going to choose! 

The ingredients are caster sugar and oils which does make it seem a little pricey at £5.25 for a 25g pot. However I would say that it is worth it as the scrub just seems to be never ending! All you have to do is get a small amount on your finger and rub into your lips. Then you can choose to lick the sugary bubblegum goodness off - yum yum - or wipe off with a tissue...but where's the fun in that?! 

Being a pot filled with sugar granules it can become a little messy on application especially if you've picked up a lot of product on your finger...unless you are going for the "I've just eaten a doughnut without licking my lips" look! It's a product that I wouldn't use whilst out and about because of this. For me, I enjoy using the scrub as part of my evening routine. Once scrubbed, I apply some lip balm to keep my lips feeling soft and smooth.

I like that you get a little picture of which employee made your product and when..so I'd like to thank Robert as he did a great job making the scrub I bought!

To buy the Bubblegum Lip Scrub or other flavours, go to lush.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I have to add a lip scrub to my nightly routine :) Also I love how they say who who made the product!
    xoxo
    -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the mint julips scrubs and it's amazing too. It's nice to have a lip scrub in your routine.

    http://evamilano.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete