Sunday, 19 May 2013

Glossybox May 2013


Glossybox are celebrating their 2nd birthday this month! I've only been a subscriber for a short while but have really loved the boxes I've had so far.


Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara - full size £15
Beautiful Movements Cosmetics Prime & Create Mixing Medium - full size £20 for 20g
Stone Beauty Body Lotion in Lemon-Bergamot - full size £10 for 200ml
La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Dry Touch Gel-Cream - full size £16.50 for 50ml
Headline Colours Poolside Party nail polish in Twisted Silk - full size £9 for 10ml

The product I am most intrigued by is the Prime & Create Mixing Medium. It can be used alone as a matte base but can also be mixed with foundation for an airbrush effect, with powdered blushers and bronzers for a cream tint or eye shadows for a liquid eyeliner. It is quite a small sample at 2.5g but I am hoping it will be one that will allow me to get a good idea of all its possibilities.

I am very much a lemon lover so was pleased to receive this body lotion fragrance. Stone Beauty products are hand made with natural ingredients and no animal testing which get a thumbs up from me! All in all, a light lotion that applies well and feels nice on your skin.

I wasn't too keen on the nail polish colour I received in my box - dusky pink isn't my thing - and other subscribers seem to have had had some gorgeous colours! However it dries quickly which I always find a bonus with nail polish as I can get very impatient with it. I think if I had received another colour I would be raving about this a bit more.

I am sure once we get a bit more sunshine the La Roche-Posay sun protection will come in handy. Never rocked an SPF 50+ before but I am sure it would be quite a good idea for me to use on the places I tend to burn as I am not the most naturally tanned individual.

After seeing what other people have received in their boxes - such as Caudalie and Paul Mitchell - I must admit I am a little disappointed in mine but I am still pleased with receiving three full size products and a freebie pack of mini nail files.

To subscribe to Glossybox, visit glossybox.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. This has defiantly convinced me to try Glossy Box! Do you know if they ship to the states?

    xoxo
    -B ♡

    @ http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think beauty boxes are a great idea to try out new products.

      Check out glossybox.com - a Glossy Box for the states!

      Ellen x

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I'll check it out!

      xoxo
      -B ♡
      http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

      Delete