Friday, 24 May 2013

Bare Minerals Get Started Complexion Kit

I had seen and heard great things about the bareMinerals products so was looking forward to trying out my newly purchased bareMinerals Get Started Complexion Kit.

These kits come in four shades: Light, Medium, Tan and Dark. Based on my skin colour, I opted for Light for "light-to-medium skin with golden undertones".

bareMinerals Get Started Complexion Kit

As well as all the above, you get a DVD which shows you a step-by-step guide on how to apply the products which I did find useful and definitely picked up some tips.

The brushes that come with this kit are designed for mineral application and pick up the product well with little waste. I like that you are given the option of two brushes depending on the coverage you need; the Flawless Application Face Brush for light-to-medium coverage or Full Flawless Face Brush for medium-to-full coverage. These are not the softest of brushes and I have already had issues of finding the bristles stuck to my face. It seems that this is a general issue from other reviews and I think this is poor seeing as the Full Flawless Face Brush is £24.00 alone. However the brushes do provide good coverage of the product and, although I will look for alternative brushes, they do the job for now. However the Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush has compact bristles to provide good coverage and is a good sized concealer brush. It is yet to shed any bristles so I think we will get along just fine!

bareMinerals Foundations and Powders
The Prime Time Foundation Primer has a lovely, silky texture that glides on to the skin. A small amount goes a long way. It provides a great base, keeping the foundation in place and looking just as good throughout the day. 

The technique on using these minerals is to put a small amount of product in the lid, swirl with your chosen brush, tap of any excess and buff into your skin. I have only tried the Original SPF 15 Foundation in Fairly Light so far and it matches nicely with my skin tone. I tend to buff all over first and then layer up where I feel needs a little extra coverage. 

When I saw the Warmth All-Over Face Colour in the pot, I was quite scared! The colour freaked me out. You really need just a small amount of this product in the lid and buff into your face where the sun would naturally catch on your skin. It looks a lot more natural than the colour in the pot and gives a nice, sun-kissed glow.

The Original Mineral Veil Finishing Powder is a very fine translucent powder that can be buffed over to help set your look. I love how light this product feels on your skin - you don't feel like you have anything on.

To find out more about the bareMinerals Get Started Complexion Kit and other products, go to bareMinerals.co.uk.

3 comments:

  1. I use to love Bare Minerals but for some reason my sensitive skin didn't! Sadly I can no longer use the product but I loved this post.

    xoxo
    -B ♡

    @ http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a shame, hope you have found a good replacement.

    Ellen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm still on the hunt for a good face product that doesn't break me out because I know there's one out there for me :)

      xoxo
      -B ♡
      http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

      Delete